Friday, January 15, 2010
Home Again
Mom and I got home last night after a tiring day at CC and a long drive home. I was really feeling the pain and chest pressure of all the walking and activity, and am still pretty worn out today. The appointment with Dr. Fouad, whose specialty is syncope and autonomic nervous system disorders, went pretty well. The way she asked for information was not very clear or chronological and things could have gone smoother on that end if, which made it frustrating for me, but as my dad put it, "you're not paying her for personality." She is one of the few doctors in the country that specializes in this area, so I am blessed that she is only a few hours away. She ordered a hemodynamic test, a blood volume test, an autonomic nervous system test, and prescribed support stockings and a cardiac exercise program. We were able to schedule the tests and my hyda scan all on the same day: January 29. I am pleased with the end result, and am hopeful that the tests will show what we need to show. Because Dr. Fouad is so specialized, we are having trouble getting my follow-up appointment scheduled. I am supposed to see her in three months, but her next available appointment is in May; if I am not able to return to work, I will lose my insurance next February, so I need to be diagnosed and cured (or at least done with testing and doctor appointments) by that point. Please pray that we get this timing issue worked out. Dr. Fouad's staff is supposedly going to create an appointment for me, even though she is booked solid, and call me with a date and time. I am praying that they do. Have a great weekend, all! Teacher-friends, enjoy your three day weekend and work day today!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment