Monday, February 8, 2010

My mom recently gave me a great devotional book called "The God of All Comfort: Devotions of hope for those who chronically suffer." It has been such a great book for me. Yesterday's devotion was so fitting. Here is a small passage from it:
"Pain and weakness are selfish, demanding companions. Sometimes pain reverberates so loudly through my body that I'm unable to pray or read my Bible. As the paralytic needed his friends in order to reach Jesus, I need the friends who bring me before God in prayer. I need the strength of others when my own strength is lacking."

I was really having trouble breathing yesterday, even though I don't recall overdoing it. Such a big bummer when that happens, and it is very tiring. That passage above is so fitting some days. The pain is more localized for me and is more like a struggle to breathe and function, but you get the idea. Thank you for bringing me before God in prayer. There are some days when I know I need to but I just can't. Today it is easier to breathe, so I know someone must have been praying!

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: if one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment