My nerve block yesterday went well, technically speaking. They put the needles in the right spot, I am alive and well, and we are waiting to see if it worked. The meds they gave me via IV to keep me from remembering anything or feeling anything, however, did not do their job as they could only give me a small amount (due to low blood pressure) and I felt every needle go in (very painful, btw) and heard the entire conversation (the nurses were talking about dog-sitting, the doctor thought they were talking about a kid escaping from the house, I kept telling them, "This hurts!" and "I feel like I'm going to fall off the table" because it was slanted). Since then, I've been in a lot of pain. Today is a bit better, but not by much. The steroids have not yet kicked in (2-5 days), so I am just toughing it out as much as I can until they kick in. Then we will know if the procedure worked or not. I am able to start taking my Curves viatmins and supplements again, so I am excited to see if I feel as good as I did last time. In less than a week, Iwas feeling really great when I started them earlier, but then had to stop to prep for the nerve block. We just might be heading in the right direction!
On a happier note, my grandma went to the doctor yesterday are her lungs and heart both sound clear. She will have a chest x-ray next month to see if the pneumonia is really gone or not. She also only lost 1/2 lb since her last visit a week ago, which is fantastic. At her size, every pound counts!
I am praying for the many FWCS families that are affected by the lay-off notices that went out last week. I've been in that situation before, and I know how tough it is to deal with that and figure out what your family is going to do. While we may be surprised, God is not and He has a plan for this. He will see you through this if you will choose to follow his plan through to fruition.
No comments:
Post a Comment