Thursday, December 10, 2009

Conflicting reports

I don't remember where the last post left off, but my endoscopy was bumped up to this Tuesday instead of next Tuesday because of the rapid weight loss. It showed food still in my stomach after 13 hours of fasting, so my GI ordered a stomach study where I ate radioactive oatmeal. That test was yesterday, and it showed my food moving through my stomach at a normal rate. In other words, we have completely conflicting reports. Dr. Barbish is at a complete loss, and recommended that I go to the IU Med Center. Since we will be asking for a referral to Cleveland Clinic for the fatigue/chest pressure/whatever-else-has-been-going-on-since-February next week at the internist, we asked if we could go there instead. They said absolutely, and will be calling tomorrow to schedule the appointment. In the meantime, he wants me to drink something like Boost or Ensure to slow down the weight loss. Lucky for me, the Floor's just gave me a whole case that Troy won't drink because he thinks it is "too vitamin-y" tasting. Thanks, Troy and Alicia! I am having a hard time staying hydrated, though, as even water is still very painful. I am so thankful for the friends and family members who have stepped in to help this week (some at the very last minute!) with food, prep for Ryan's birthday, babysitting, and helping me mentally think things through. I realize that I'm getting older and all, but checking to make sure I have clothes on as I drive to pick up Ryan from preschool is not usually something I have to think about! Yet, that is how scattered and disjointed my thinking is some days. We have so very much to be thankful for this week, including a special little boy's 5th birthday tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment