Thursday, December 17, 2009

More Good News

What a week! Scott wrapped up finals yesterday, my parents started moving into their new house (only 12 minutes away), I was able to schedule an appointment with a cardiac EP at the Cleveland Clinic for the same day (1/13) and today we found out I am approved for social security disability. Can you believe it? I sure can't. We are still fighting the short-term disability company, so we thought for sure we were in for a long ordeal. We've all heard many many stories of people fighting S.S. for years to get their claim approved, too. Since I have long-term disability coverage through work, this won't affect our income at all, but it could be a major factor if I'm not able to return to work after being off for two years. At that point, I will no longer have a teaching position and will lose my insurance and my pension. Since Scott will still have one more semester of school at that point, that would be a very big deal to have no insurance. Of course, we are still hoping/planning that I will be better long before we hit the two year mark and I will be able to go back to teaching, but since the one-year anniversary is not that far away, we do have to think about such things. What a relief to know that God already has all of that worked out for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment