Saturday, February 27, 2010
Today is the one-year anniversary of being sick. It is fitting, I suppose, that it's been a pretty lousy day all the way around. It's very isolating to be in a sitauation like this; even when people try to understand, how can I possibly put into words all that I think and feel and what exactly this is like?? There's no way to tell someone what it is like to not be able to tuck your kids in for an entire year, or be a loving and helpful wife, or not be able to go to work, or not be able to make solid plans to volunteer or go somewhere or do something because you don't know how you will feel that day. How do you describe what it is like to lay on the couch most days and feel like you have absolutely no purpose in life right now? It stinks, that's how it feels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Karin,
ReplyDeleteI know I don't have the right words to say to you.. I am so sorry you have been battling this for so long. I am praying this next year is much better for and your family. I hope your flu is gone and you will be able to come to small group tomorrow. You are an amazing person...we love you!
Jill (and Brian) Raypole
Hang in there Karin> You know what Jeremiah 29:11 says & that it applies to you as well. I promise that there will be a day when you look back & can see exactly what He was working out. Believe me - those moments do come and they are incredible. You know I speak from some experience with personal health issues. Praying for you!
ReplyDelete