Hard to believe another week has gone by already! Once again, I've tried to do too much this week and it has totally backfired, causing 2 1/2 days on the couch (hence the delayed post). The trip to Cleveland was a good one overall. The weather was beautiful, the doctors intelligent, and the wait time to see them was minimal. All 3 drs. think the stomach problems are caused by my autonomic nervous system dysfunction and think I should try a celiac plexus block, where they block the nerves that wrap around from my back to a specific part of my stomach (the celiac plexus, I'd assume). There is actually a dr. here in town, Dr. Fortin, that can do that and has trained some of the drs. from CC. I've met with him once and will see him again later this month after getting an MRI of my spine and more blood work done this Friday. Also, Dr. Fuoad added another medication, midodrine, that contricts my blood vessels to try and raise my blood pressure more. It seems to work a tiny bit, but not a whole lot. They did an hour-long trial run while I was there and my bp was consistenly in the 90s/50s, so it is still pretty low even with the midodrine, florinef and compression socks. Makes me wonder what it would be without all of that?!
The gluten-free diet seems to be going pretty well, all things considered. It is very helpful to have a friend/neighbor to swap recipes, ingredients and food with! I can't imagine doing this on my own. I think trying to make bread from scratch, a separate meal for me each night, etc. is part of why my body is rebelling, so Mandy and I are going to Casa's tomorrow night for a GF pasta dinner to plan out some GF freezer meals we will make several batches of so that this whole thing will be a little (or a LOT!) easier.
Otherwise, it's a typical spring in our house...the kids are enjoying lots of time outside playing, Scott is about ready to pull his hair out and be finished with his current classes, and Katie and I are excited about our upcoming BIRTHDAYS! Scott's mom and I will celebrate ours on the 14th, and Katie will turn 7 on the 25th. I love birthdays!!
No comments:
Post a Comment