Saturday, April 24, 2010

Update

The time between my birthday and Katie's goes by so quickly, so forgive me for neglecting the blog. Today was Katie's "friends" party and tomorrow is the family party, so I feel like we are finally getting back to normal.


Thanks to a wonderful husband, family and friends, I had a fantastic birthday!! As several of you already know, it even included a surprise birthday party at my parents' house with several friends and NO KIDS! We had a wonderful time eating, laughing and just hanging out together and I feel so blessed.




Last week, I went back to the endocrinologist's to get my lab results from all of the tests he ordered. All of them looked great except for three: my vitamin D was very low, my calcium was borderline, and my vitamin B5 was very very low. For B5 to be low but all the other B vitamins to be normal is extremely rare and usually only seen in malnourished people (think third world countries). B5 is important for several functions, so I am hopeful that supplements for B5 (as well as the others) helps. I also saw Dr. Fortin, the spine doctor, and found out that I have degenerative disc disease in three of my discs. These are the same discs that connect the nerves to the stomach area so he said it is very possible that this is causing some/all of the stomach pain. I will have a test on May 3 to investigate.

Overall, I've felt better this week and seem to have more energy. I am praying that it is due to the meds/supplements and not just a random good week. Don't get me wrong, I'm still thankful if it IS a random good week, but I'd be just delighted if I continued to improve!

No comments:

Post a Comment