Thursday, April 1, 2010

Gluten-free/Cleveland again/Happy Easter!

Random title, huh? That could be due to the fact that I am physically exhausted tonight, but I know I won't get a chance to blog until at least Monday when I'm back in Cleveland so I wanted to get an update out.
First, I've decided to try a gluten-free diet. I've toyed with the idea for several months, and really didn't want to do it unless I really needed to but after the whole "percocet to eat or drink" thing, I figured it was time to bite the bullet. The good news is, my neighbor Amanda has joined me! What a God-send it has been to have someone go through this with me! She has some minor experience with a gluten-free diet, and we've been swapping ingredients and sharing dishes we've prepared all week to help each other out. We even made Healthy Hostess cupcakes today to take for Easter and they were pretty good! I've really been overdoing it this week, though, with trying to make separate meals for myself and making extra trips to the store for special ingredients. I've also spent 5 hours at the Dupont Lab for blood work, with 25 vials being taken in all. It was only supposed to be 22, but three get frozen and sent to Mayo Clinic and Mayo didn't refrigerate them quickly enough so I had to go back. Dupont folks felt bad since it wasn't there fault, and I sure didn't blame them, but I need rest! I won't be able to continue at this pace for much longer, but emotionally I feel great! It is so nice to be spending so much time with a friend, as well as the many other neighbors as all of the kids run around in the beautiful weather.
Next week, my mom and I will leave for Cleveland around 5:30AM for my first appointment. I will be seeing three different doctors this time, as well as having an echocardiagram so we will be there for two days. I think that is all that is scheduled at this point, but usually they add a few things while I am there.
This weekend is Easter, my favorite holiday of all. How can it not be, when I am celebrating my Savior dying on a cross for MY pride, arrogance, fear, lies, and the multitude of other sins followed by His holy Resurrection on Easter morning? Take time to really think about what this weekend represents. God has been so gracious to each of us, giving us far more than we ever deserve, and by His grace taking the punishment that we truly deserve. Amazing, isn't it? Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment