Saturday, March 27, 2010

Is it possible? Really? No way!

I can't believe it, but I think I found a super-smart doctor here in Fort Wayne! I've been waiting since November to see an endocrinologist, Dr. Karas, and I can heartily say he was worth the wait. He spent over an hour and a half asking me questions, going through my record, looking up possible and current diagnoses on the computer, etc. I was so impressed! He has a few different ideas of what we might be dealing with, all of which are really rare which is probably why no one has mentioned them before. I'm not 100% sure these are all spelled correctly, but I am having lab work done on Monday for the following diseases:
~porphyria (a hemoglobin issue)
~pheochromocytoma
~post-prandial tachycardia
~mastocytosis
He's also ordering labs to check my vitamin B and D levels, and some other stuff. I tried to go get the labs done at the hospital today, but I guess the right people won't be there until Monday (that's how specific these tests are).
We had a great time visiting with Eddie and Amanda yesterday. We are so glad they were able to make it! Oh, and babysitting went very well, too. The babies were just as sweet and adorable as can be, and the older four kids had a great time watching "Bolt." I sure had a great time, and Grant told me I was the best! Oh, my heart is full of joy. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment