Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Out of the ER, off to the Dr

After Ry's kindergarten round-up, my MIL dropped me off at the ER like my doctor requested. I was pretty sure nothing would come of the trip, but I went anyway. While I was there, the pain shot up to a 10 out of 10 after drinking some water to take one of my meds. They gave me two shots of strong pain meds (don't remember the name) and zofran, but they didn't help at all, at which point I asked them to call my dad (Scott was home with the kids, so I knew he couldn't come). By that point, I was in so much pain I was crying and shaking (ladies, imagine the pain of labor, without the contractions ever easing up). They did a CT scan, which came back fine so they released me after giving me a shot of benedryl and Demerol. I had an allergic reaction to the Demerol, so I took more benedryl when I got home, so I was pretty loopy! They also sent me home with a script for percocet, which I filled but haven't taken yet. I just find it hard to take percocet just to eat/drink so I am trying to do without. I DO need to eat and drink in order to take my heart meds, though, so we will see how the day progresses. I am following up with my internist, Dr. Agnihotri, today at 1:15 and I have no idea what he will say. He's already ordered and completed several tests, so I'm not sure what is left to do. On top of all of that, Ryan is home today with reactions from his immunizations yesterday, and Scott has his interview this afternoon so my mom is taking a half-day off of work to help us out, then Scott's mom is taking over in the evening. What a blessing to have family in town! Please pray for all of us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment