Thursday, March 18, 2010

Whoops!

I called what I thought was the new dr at CC this morning and spoke to his nurse, who told me she would need to talk to him and call me back. Several hours later, she called me and told me that he was not the doctor I was supposed to see in a few weeks, that somehow I was transferred to the wrong doctor back in February when the appointment was made. Whoops! She was able to help me get transferred to the appointment scheduler for the correct doctor, who informed me the first available appointment was May 2. When I explained my situation to her, she was great and transferred me to the new/correct doctor's nurse who was appalled to hear that I was previously on lidocaine to numb my stomach so I could eat/drink and now was on percocet to eat/drink. She could not get me in to see him during my April 5/6 visit, but I now have an appointment for next Wednesday. In the meantime, I will just have to bear the pain as much as possible and take the percocet when I absolutely have to. The pain today has been worse and I finally took my first dose of percocet. It must be a low dose (or I have a high tolerance) because it only made me a little sleepy and I coped pretty well. It also didn't take the pain away completely, but enough that I can function. It's not an ideal situation, but at least he can see me sooner rather than later. Now I just need to find a fax machine so I can fax him my medical records. He wants to review them before I get there, so he can order tests, etc ahead of time, which I think is just wonderful! So if anyone has a fax machine handy, please let me know! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment