This week is crazy busy, but is starting off on the right foot. Yesterday, I made it to church (always a toss-up), Purdue won, and some friends from small group dropped by with some yummy meals for us! Tonight, the board meeting for my school district voted on the $15 million in cuts. It is hard to fathom how much this will affect the district, and I'd heard they could eliminate teachers as high as 4th year seniority, which would include me. Granted, I'm not working right now, but I am considered "employed" and my job is being held until next March. Losing my job would have been devastating to our finances, but at this point it looks like I should be safe. God has heard our prayers, literally cries for help, and has chosen to answer them. I also have not needed the percocet last night or tonight, a big relief as I don't like taking pain meds when I don't know what's wrong.
Tomorrow, Scott's mom and I will head up to their camp for the night, then leave at 5AM Wednesday for Cleveland. As of right now, I only have a consultation with the gastric motility doctor but he may order tests yet.
Thursday I'm sure I will be on the couch recuperating from the trip, as I do after each trip to CC (movie day for the kids, they will be SO happy!), and Friday is the BEST!
FRIDAY: I see the endocrinologist, Scott's younger sister, Amanda and boyfriend Eddie will be in town for the day from DC, so we will get to see them most of the day, PLUS Scott's older sister and fam; also, I get to babysit for my four nephews for two hours (don't worry, two will be sleeping while the older kids watch a movie in their jammies). Whew! Like I said, crazy week, but full of some great things!
Praying for you as you travel, visit doctors, and that you will enjoy time with family!
ReplyDelete