Ooh, I am so excited to share these few tips with all of you! First, if you have a Kroger near you and you use coupons, listen up! A long time ago, I remember using coupons that go on your Kroger card and I was wondering if they still did that. Sure enough, they do! Not only can you put e-coupons on your card, but you can use them WITH paper coupons! I tried it yesterday, not knowing if they would let me, but sure enough they did and I bought $100 worth of groceries for $50! It has been a long time since I've saved 50%, especially since we started eating healthier. You can find those e-coupons at shortcuts.com (they allow other shopper cards as well, so if you don't shop at Kroger, check the website and see if your store participates). You can find printable coupons at smartsource.com and redplum.com to go with many of those e-coupons (Kroger triples coupons under $0.50, which is how I got so many things for free). Also, I am going to start making my own laundry soap soon. From what I've heard, it is very easy and only $0.75 for 2 gallons. Gotta like that!
A few people have asked about Swagbucks, so I will go into a little more detail. It is very simple to use. Basically, you get paid swagbucks for doing your internet searches at swagbucks.com (they use google and ask.com so the search engines are very thorough). You also get paid when you enter swag codes they are hidden in their blog, swidget (the thing at the top of my blog), or toolbar, as well as when people sign up under you. For example, if Susie Q. signs up through my referral link, every time she gets a swag buck for a search, so will I. Yippee! They have all kinds of prizes you can "purchase" but personally I am going to use mine to buy amazon.com gift certificates. A $5 one costs 45 swagbucks, and I've earned that many in just 2-3 weeks with no referrals. Very easy! I often check www.engineeradebtfreelife.com to see if a swag code is out, as they always keep track and there is one or two codes posted each day (in addition to the swag bucks I earn for my searches). So yes, it does work and it is very very easy! If you are interested, click the "sign up" button on the Swag Bucks box.
I also highly recommend reading any book by Ellie Kay. She is a fantastic Christian author who writes books about saving money. She has 6 teenagers, but manages to live off of one military salary, amazing! I am going to re-read a few books to help us trim the budget. Thanks to Ellie, I haven't paid more than a few cents for deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothpaste or cleaning supplies since Katie was a baby!
Tomorrow is my second appointment with the cardiac EP, so please pray that he has some great ideas. The new med doesn't have the side effects the other one did, but it doesn't seem to be working any better either. Thanks and happy saving!
No comments:
Post a Comment