What a week! So much to catch everyone up on:
After spending 5 days planted on the couch, I was ready to get out and about on Tuesday. In fact, I was so ready that I totally over-did it. You would think after 6 months of continually overdoing it and then paying for it that I would learn my lesson. Apparently not! Ryan and I went to visit my brother's wife, Jenny, and their four boys. I tell you, those four boys just bring me so much joy!! Any day I can see them is a good day. They are all so very different from each other, yet I just love them all. I am so blessed to be their aunt. Moving on, after that I took Ryan to the eye doctor for his first check-up. He was a little scared, but did a great job. Best of all, he doesn't need glasses! He is a bit color-blind, which was a surprise as we don't know anyone on either side who has that, but so far it doesn't seem to hinder him at all. After that, we met up with Katie and Scott at his parents' house for dinner. I was tuckered out by that time, but it was worth it. I am very fortunate to actually like my in-laws and enjoy spending time with them! As my reward for doing to much Tuesday, I had trouble breathing and hardly slept that night. Since I wasn't sleeping and didn't feel like watching TV, I spent the hours praying for several families who are dealing with cancer, job situations, our pastor and his family, and just thanking God for His protection and provision for our entire family.
Wednesday, I went back to my cardiac EP, Dr. Devecchi. In case I haven't mentioned it before, I think he is really great. He is thinking that perhaps my IST is being caused by my blood pressure dropping quickly when I stand up, which would cause the heart to beat rapidly to compensate. Next Thursday, I will do a tilt-table test to see if that is the case or not. There are some other tests he'd like to run but I have to get rid of this infection before we can do that. Unfortunately, the second antibiotic is not working and I am waiting to hear back from my family dr. for a stronger one. Wednesday also brought a pleasant surprise from a friend: dinner and clothes for Katie to borrow! I'm not sure she realizes what a HUGE blessing that was! Scott has two tests this week, so that gave him extra time to study.
Many of you have sent me great ideas for trimming our budget, for which I am very thankful! Jenny mentioned a great blog that she reads for saving money, so I thought I'd share that with you all as well. It is www.hip2save.blogspot.com I've looked it over and it looks like a great one! Oh, and have you seen the latest Kroger ad? I see some great bargains heading my way on Monday! Don't forget to use shortcuts.com along with your printed coupons for extra savings! Have a great weekend! Karin
PS Katie lost her first top tooth this week! If I can get our computer and camera to be friends, I will post a picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment