I've avoided blogging the last few days because we have dial-up and I'm trying to keep the phone line open. I am still working on the short-term disability thing and have now included the agent who sold me the policy and his office, so I feel like I need to keep the line open in case someone somewhere has an update.
The cardiac EP switched my beta-blocker last week, and the changes have been good! I didn't realize how many issues I was having that were related to the medication. By Thursday morning, I wasn't quite as tired, and finally felt like my mind was clear and focused. My heart still races, but I don't have as many side effects so I am very thankful for that. I have had severe headaches every day since switching meds, so please pray that they go away as my body adjusts to the new Rx.
I've really spent some time in the last week reflecting on all of the blessings God has given us. Sometimes I am simply overwhelmed by His goodness! I don't know if I can even put it all into words, but I am going to try. His provision for us has come in so many ways, from strangers, friends and family alike. First of all, He has given me such a peace through this entire process. Yes, there have been times when I feel overwhelmed, afraid or anxious, but for the most part I've felt His hand guiding me and his loving arms holding me amidst the storm. Then there is the food...I think we've had around 40 delicious meals given to us since March! We've also had donations of meat and chicken (I never thought I'd be so happy to get a package of hamburger!), which we've stopped buying to reduce our grocery costs. Gift cards and Kohl's coupons were matched up to complete most of our Christmas shopping (yes, I've started and am 75% done!!) We've even been blessed financially, both through coupons that "just happened" to match up with the Kroger ad so we were able to stock up on cereal, etc. without going over our $50/week budget, and checks to help with Ryan's preschool cost and Scott's books. I say these things not to be boastful, but to share with you how God has provided for us. So if you wonder how we are getting by, now you know that it is not us but God who is taking care of this family. For that, we are truly thankful!
No comments:
Post a Comment